Tuesday 19 April 2011

Poems


I was going through files on my computer and came across some poems that I had written quite a few years ago, so I thought I would share them. :)

-----

This first one, I think, was my very first time rhyming in a poem.

Praises

Praise God when I am down!
He will keep me strong.
I shall stand firm and not be blown
By the things that are wrong.

Evils will come at me at every angle
But because of His power,
My life they shan't entangle.
He is my strong tower.

Praise God when I am low!
For Your glory is shining
In me so I may show
That You never seize loving!

Praise God in the darkness
He brings the everlasting light
And always brings the joyness.
My Father makes things right.

My Father makes me happy
In a world full of darkness.
Because I love my Daddy,
I'm a light in the blackness.

When I feel like crying
Because of being left here
And feel my passion dying
I know You'll always be there.

-----

This next one I wrote as an assignment (this one was a lot of fun :D).

Psalm of Praise to Our Creator

Every moment of every day
Is there proof of Your existence
Screaming through all that You've made.
We are overwhelmed by Your presence.

As we gaze upon the sunsets,
We see the vibrance of the Painter.
As we incline to the voices of the birds,
We hear the songs of the Composer.
As we dance among the rolling hills,
We notice the shapes of the Molder.

Our uniquenesses are like Your colour scheme
And our voices are a song for you.
Our lives are continuous dances for Your Majesty.
We are clay for Your potter's wheel; ready to be used.

2 comments:

  1. Woow! That's pretty good. I'm terrible at writing poems lol :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Thanks, Dominic! :)

    ReplyDelete