Sunday 15 May 2011

Behind Your Eyes

It's so easy to hide one's pain, hurt, and tears when going through a hard time. Often times when I'm struggling, I try to cover it up and look strong. I'll put this image up of myself towards the people around me and even towards God. I'll think that I'm strong enough on my own, and that I don't need to ask God for help or seek encouragement and prayer from others. This, of course, only makes the problem worse.


So one day I was sitting and thinking about stuff.... and then started writing this song. It was like God was talking to me through my pen. It's kind of hard to explain, but I was just writing away, and then I looked again at what I was writing and was like 'woah. That's totally God saying this!' It was as if it wasn't my words, but His. He was telling me that He sees everything in me. There is nothing I can hide from Him, so it's silly for me to try to. The beautiful thing about it though, is that no matter how much dirtiness He may see in me, He doesn't love me less. No matter how much I fail, I am still the 'apple of His eye'.


God sees your heart. He knows perfectly well how hard life can get. And if you mess up in serving Him or living for Him, He understands and is still delighted in your willing heart. Keep your heart open to Him... :)



"Your weakness
Is where My grace is strong.
Your messes
Are not too much for me."


3 comments:

  1. ahhh man I have missed the blog-world :)

    I still haven't gotten a chance to hear the song (curses!) but I love love love the story behind it...so cool.

    This whole thing kind of blows my mind. and I don't really understand it. and it's AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. thanks! and yes, it always blows my mind too. It's hard to grasp the amazingness of God's grace!! It's too much to bear almost.

    As prideful as this sounds, I actually can't wait for you to see the song! lol (blasted, internet slowness.... :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Zoe, lovely. And I don't think it's 'prideful' to want to share your creations with others! As long as your not all like, 'oh mines better than yours', and all that. Anyway, thanks for posting the video!
    Kelsey, I hope you can see it soon!

    ReplyDelete